Sweet Potato Breakfast Cookies
Coach Becky shares another one of her favorite recipes from Run Fast, Eat Slow - Sweet Potato Breakfast Cookies!
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if sensitive)
1 cup almond flour or almond meal
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 cup orange-fleshed sweet potato (yam) or canned sweet potato (yam) puree
½ cup grade B maple syrup
1 cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a food processor or high-speed blender, pulse the oats 5 or 6 times, until roughly chopped. Place in a large mixing bowl and combine with the almond flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sweet potato puree, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and raisins until well com bed. Fold into the oat mixture and stir until blended. The dough should be very thick.
4. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to drop the batter onto the baking sheet. Space the cookies 1 inch apart and lightly press down on each one to slightly flatten.
5. Bake in the center of the oven until the bottoms are a deep golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.